Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Floppysie

I twisted my ankle A-gain! This follows a couple of broken toes a week and a half ago. Really it's just another small adventure in a long line of accidents that Floppysie(as I am known by my father figure, Bill) can attest to. In my nine and twenty years I have never had any major breaks, but have been plagued with a series of small ones all my life. I have broken all of my wrists, ankles and digits numerous times. The strange thing is, it's never a major accident that results in the break. Oddly enough, it's usually some mundane activity that I happen to be doing. Take today for example, I was standing funny and wrenched myself oddly and poof*, a twisted ankle. When I broke my toes I was dragging out a bag from under some blankets when a ceramic plate fell out from under the blankets onto my toes and voila! My toes are broken. I am completely accident prone and never know when the next bruise, strain or sprain is about to hit me. Strangely enough, I rarely realize it until it's over and usually not until the next day when some limb or body part hurts. It's due to the fact that I have nerve damage to my extremities and can't tell when I'm in danger of hurting myself. The result? I've broken both wrists a combined half a dozen times, my ankles a dozen times each and my digits countless times.

The solution? Perhaps a white padded room and a straight jacket...Or, maybe something a little less radical like a some ankle and wrist guards. However, I always did want a vintage straight jacket to hang on my wall...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not another sprain! I guess no more day-long shopping trips for a while, eh? Well, Floppysie, I hope you heal fast! (gotta have a break before the next sprain/strain/break!)

1:54 PM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

I always do! Just in the nic of time for the next one...

1:44 PM  
Blogger Katinka said...

Cute straight-jacket...I wonder if it comes in my size? ;)


(hope your ankle is feeling better)

12:13 PM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

Is your size crazy? What am I saying...I'll send you the link..;)

(Psst...ankle is feeling better!)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter