Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Excuse...

My apologies, my readers...I have been very lax in my blogger responsibilities. I only meant to be away for a couple of weeks due to Agrifair, but the weeks have slipped by quickly. Partly due to a health issue that I've had to turn my attention to. I've been experiencing severe migraines the past 6 months and my physicians have been a little more than concerned because of a family history of aneurysms. So, off to the specialist, who orders a CT Scan along with an angiogram. I go to the hospital and lie on the table with the donut that will scan my brain and wait for my needle. The nurse injects me with the stuff that I like to refer to as mercury, really it's a mixture of iodine. As the mercury slowly courses through my veins, I feels as if I've wet my pants but that's just the dye making its way through my blood. The dye makes it easier for the blood vessels to contrast in the images taken. My arms are positioned in a very uncomfortable angle and the bed moves into the scanner that rotates around my head for several minutes. Then, that's it! I'm given a bandaid for my arm while the technician examines my pictures for any problems. As I sat, slightly foggy on the injection, I saw the pictures of my brain too. And, I have to say, I think I have a rather handsome brain. It has lots of ruffles and flounces, very beautifully balanced and held in a shapely skull too.

Oh! And, I am glad to say that I went to the specialist the other day and good news! I have been given a clean bill of health as far as aneurysms. Nothing but clean running tubes. All the plumbing's good.

If you want to read up on the medical process, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CT_scan

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging! It's good to know your brain is healthy...and handsome! :)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Katinka said...

Glad to hear that the results are good! Not everyone can say that they've seen their brain...hope you get a pic and post it here! :)

6:55 PM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

I'll work on getting a pic and let you know!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter