Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Coca Cola, sleep inducer? Probably not.

It's quiet now, music is playing softly and I am not asleep in my bed as I should be. Instead my mind is jumping from thought to thought without any rhyme or reason. I can't sleep and blame it on the Coca Cola I drank today, which I must confess was three cans. I plead too much hot weather and a limited supply of H2O.

Ahhhhhhhh, but it my choice and my choice alone to open the caffeine laced, highly charged short term energy "drink." Even as I drank, I felt as one lost at sea. I crave fresh water and look out at the great expanse of the sea and decide to slack my thirst. I drink the sea water, in look and consistency like fresh water, but the very drinking of this brackish water drives me mad sooner than if I hadn't drunk the sea water at all.

The downside to my consumption is that I'm still thirsty, tired but not sleepy. I'm up and I'll be up for, my guess is, a couple of hours.
I'll just use my alertness of mind to get a few things done, failing that I'll pop in a movie and curl up on the sofa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I know the state...tired, but not sleepy. Sounds like you need to get yourself some water!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter