Sunday, June 25, 2006

Polar bear plunge?

Well, according to the Weather Network, it is 31'C/87'F in Mission, BC. So, that means that I'll be staying indoors until the sun goes down. I hope to go for a walk in the evening, though it might be more like midnight if the heat continues. As I look around our apartment, I think of how else I might keep cool. My internal temperature is hovering around 33'C/91'F and need to cool down fast. The over head fans are going, but I wonder if I should break out the ice cubes or the Slip 'N Slide. The thought of my very own polar bear plunge is sounding pretty good too. I just need a couple of ice flows and the arctic ocean.

What's your favourite way to cool down on a hot and sunny day?

Check out my polar bear brother and sisters at:
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/ex_polar_bear_plunge.html

Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to go jump in a lake and just lounge around in the crisp, cool water! Unfortunately, it requires a lot of exposure to the heat to get there. But, if you're able to get through that, it feels oh so nice! Or, I put lots of cold water on the trampoline and it creates a mini-pool to lounge in. At home, a cool shower works. Lots of fans and a popsicle, freezie or slush. Wear thin breathable clothes. And keep your hair up off your neck! And above all, don't exert yourself with any silly exercising! :)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter