In your eyes...
I saw you standing there in the rain but it took Mike pointing it out that you weren't just standing there on the overpass...you were on the outside of the railing. Only for a moment I saw the absolute despair in your eyes framed by your dark hair matted down by the rain as we passed under you in our vehicle. I wish I could have stopped the rain from falling on your face as you cried, your hands barely holding on to the Clayburn Overpass.
Though we saw that two other vehicles had stopped to aid you and unfortunately for us, Sumas Way afforded us no way to get to you, I asked Mike if he had brought the cellphone. He had and I dialed 911. We had been the first to call about this situation.
"911, Do you require Ambulance, Police or Fire?"
"Police, I think." (Me)
"What is your emergency?"
"There is a woman on the Clayburn Overpass, I think she's going jump." (Me, again)
"What was the location?"
"Clayburn Overpass and Sumas Way" (That would be me again)
"Can you give me a description?"
"Young woman; dark hoodie, jeans." (Me)
"Okay, thank you. A unit is on it's way."
I happen to be in that part of town that deploy the police cars, I saw the lights and heard the sirens blare out for you as the car sped along the streets racing towards you. I know not what the outcome of your fate may be and probably never will. But, I will keep you in my prayers for your eyes will haunt me otherwise.



6 Comments:
Wow, that's quite the intense experience. I also pray that that women was helped. Just maybe that phone call was the key to getting her help.
I don't know, that's the thing. We'll never know what happened to her unless the situation ended badly. I pray she finds comfort in her life and figures out that the despair can disappear.
wow...I'm so glad you were there!!
Yes, despair can disappear. That's something I'd like to see on a bumper plate!
(translation: bumper sticker. OOps. Aussie moment)
We got it, no worries. I've even caught myself using your terms. How you've influenced me! Just the other day; I called the windshield, a windscreen. Oh, YES...
muwhahhhaa...My work here is done ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home