Saga of the Ring
I got a call last monday, my ring had come in on saturday but no one called me since it was Mother's Day weekend. Eventhough, a large note was suppose to have been attached to the repair file saying that I should be contacted IMMEDIATELY! Anyways, it took a couple of days before I was able to go and pick it up with my friend Denise. We went in and lo and behold, the ring WAS in. We proceeded to question and examine carefully about the repairs and the look of the ring. I have to say that there was a problem with the ring, AGAIN! An area of the bridge that holds the stones above the shank was not rhodium plated. I couldn't believe it. Horrible workmanship any way you cut it! To 'fix' a piece of jewellry and not go that one step further and complete the finish seems ludicrous!When I pointed this out to the associate, "I asked if I was crazy or was this really so?" She examined it and confirmed that the rhodium plating wasn't done all the way around. So, again, Michael Hill Jewellers said that they would send it back free of charge. And, I have to admit, I didn't want them to have my ring. I seriously considered walking out of the store, ring in hand and sending it to another jeweller. But then I thought, "Why should I pay for a incomplete repair on my ring?"
It's suppose to be in today...Fat chance, I say!



2 Comments:
They should be paying you for your trouble when you finally get that ring back!
lol I AGREE!
Post a Comment
<< Home