Sunday, November 19, 2006

Riley Charters

I'm going to add a few links to my blog over the next couple of weeks, please check them out. It ranges from other's blogs, fun links to favored artists websites. To start, check out this artist's website.

Riley Charter's artwork has been influenced by her Interior Salish background as well as where she lives in the Fraser Valley. Those who know both Merritt and Mission localities will recognize these influences immediately.


Riley Charters
http://www3.telus.net/public/willlowe/Riley&Bill%201.html

Click on the year or decade that you want to explore. If you look hard enough, you can find me as a model for several pieces.



"Untitled", courtesy of the artist is one of me, though Riley exercised artistic interpretation and added the white skunk hair as I was only in grade 9 when I posed for her.

"Untitled" 1988AD

Copywrited 1988 by Riley Charters. All Rights Reserved.

NOT TO BE COPIED WITHOUT PREMISSION OF ARTIST

Link

5 Comments:

Blogger Katinka said...

COOOOOOOL! I love the links, and the portrait of you! (By the way, is that a print?)

Will have to add her link to my site :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

Yes, it is a print(Aquatint) done on rag paper.

I'm sure my mom would be pleased as punch to be added to your site. Heeey, that reminds me...may I have the honor of adding your blog to my links? :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Katinka said...

(but ofcourse!)

Ahh, I thought it looked like an aquatint! It's beautiful :)

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed browsing your mom's stuff again. And, I can definately spot you in several pieces! :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

Riley will be glad to hear of it. I will tell her. You enjoyed our mini tour of Where in the World is J'aime? (laughs)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter