George or Jeeves?
Mike and I bought a iRobot Roomba Discovery vacuum cleaner. For those who gasp at the domestic-ness of this endeavour, I know...(sigh*) And, for those who gasp at the flagrant spending, allow me to inform that it only cost us $40.oo. It was at Linens N' Things, for a hundred dollars (demo model) and we used the rest of our gift certificates and a 20% off coupon. Once Mike saw it, he held on, determined that the seasoned shoppers scouring the tables weren't going to get it. His quote, "Those bargain hunters can be quite vicious."It was very dirty and I suggested that if he wanted to clean it... So! We bought it and Mike cleaned it. The result was quite satisfactory and while it charged we checked out the accessories. It had lots of fun items and our little roomba seems to hold a very promising future. We ran it and after I got over the noise, I noticed that the little robot went about sweeping with a cheerfulness that I lacked when doing the same task.
Mike keeps saying what a great deal we got and how much the roomba will save us in time. However, I've noticed that we tend to spend a lot of time watching the roomba instead of ignoring it and going about our business.
Our only disagreement on the roomba, its name. I suggested that it be George, Mike wants Jeeves. My response was that obviously, the name must be Wooster. To which my parents and I laughed while Mike looked at us as if we were looney. Anyone who watches Masterpiece Theatre knows exactly what I'm talking...



2 Comments:
LOL! I have one of that series on my book shelf...always good for a chuckle.
So when do we have the christening ceremony for the new member of the family? :P
I personally would name him Fred! And it is quite a helpful little friend. While visiting, I coaxed it into sucking up a tiny spidey, which subsequently escaped unscathed. Oh well, squishing it with a napkin is better anyhow!
Post a Comment
<< Home