Thursday, March 30, 2006

Circle of Life

Mike and I just passed a milestone, our 18th month anniversary. It kind of surprised us, Mike not realizing until the night before, while I completely forgot. I was speaking to a friend on the phone when he woke, gave me a kiss and said, "Happy 18th Month." I think my response was, "What? I didn't realize, I completely forgot!" Mike suggested that we walk up to the monastery, where we formally agreed to announce our plans to marry. That day is, however, another post...

As it was a lovely day, I was itching to get out in the sun. But, had already made plans to go walk with Michelle. Aaaah! she called and I had to explain the situation and apologize. Michelle, of course, was completely understanding and urged me to go out with my husband.

Mike and I ended up going to Westminster Abbey. It's most distinctive feature, a tower with ten bells that ring for mass. Though, for me, the most memorable thing is that when it was first built, Westminster Abbey was considered ugly. It was consructed out of cement, not traditional stone or brick and it's form was art deco inspired.


As we walked, I saw something that made me stop and realize that we were in the presence of a vision of life. In a large circle across the grounds; of which we were a part of, several milestones of life were occurring. Newlyweds were getting their photos done, a young married couple celebrated their 18th month anniversary, a married couple with young children were playing and a grave for a member of the Abbey was being dug.

It was all our lives, though the milestones may be different. Life goes on and eventually, it causes us to move to that deep sleep as others take our place. Please, fully enjoy and experience all you can.



Westminster Abbey's Website http://www.sck.ca/

2 Comments:

Blogger Katinka said...

LOL...initially I thought you'd taken that pic from the bell tower and was going to ask how you managed to get permission from the monks...and then realised there's a link at the end of the post!

Anyway, congratulations guys...it makes me so happy to see what a great relationship you two have. Gives the rest of us single people hope :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

Thank you, both. It was a nice day for our anniversary and we are very happy.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter