Sunday, February 19, 2006

Disco Diva

We celebrated a very good friend's birthday this weekend. Mish, as she has been known since I decided that her real name was too long, decided that we should dress up in 70's clothes and go disco bowling. Naturally, friends were excited to dress up and make a public spectacle. And, for a month I have been digging through the local thrift shops and closets of friends and family to retreive long lost tacky treasures of the past.

I couldn't decide if I should go flowerchild or Farrah Fawcett (Charlie's Angels). Then my mom informed me that I would need a shag haircut to make the feather look work. She suggested that I go as Jacyln Smith aka Kelly Garrett (Charlie's Angels) instead. I decided to take her advice and I looked pretty good too. Dark wavy hair (parted in the middle), cream eyeshadow, eyeliner and of course, bright red lipstick. My sparkly green blouse, blue poncho and tall leather boots fit the bill.

Mish looked fabulous as well, very Donna (That 70's Show). We straighten her curly red hair and poof* one auburn sleeked haired hot momma. We did her make up and she wore a black shirt striped with rainbow lines, rainbow toe socks and wood wedges. Mish looked sooooo good and sooooo different that people had a difficult time recognizing her.

We went to the bowling alley and had a couple of platters of finger foods and played some pool on the house. The alley had double booked our party and tried to compensate us accordingly. When we finally got to bowl, I am sad to say that I had my worst score ever and Mish Mash beat me. However, I did beat Mike...

Long Live the Disco Divas!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katinka said...

I hope you took photos!!! Wish I could have been there with all you flower-children and dancing queens...sounds like it was groovy!

(sorry to hear that she beat you, Mike. But if it's any comfort, she usually creams me too)

11:51 PM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

lol Those who dressed up looked fabulous. Mush took a couple of pictures. I had a camera, but of course, I took no pictures.

(To be fair Mike could not find a bowling ball that he liked.)

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous party! And you were a fabulous friend to spend hours helping me get ready! (my hair does not straigten too willingly!) I did alright at bowling, but my dad, who joined us "young 'uns" at my party...creamed us all! (in our lane anyhow) It was a night of things not going quite as planned, but it was still fun! I'll send a few pics when I get them on my computer!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter