Sunday, January 28, 2007

Smoking Offense

I received an informational packet containing two pamphlets in the mail the other day and according to the BC Government, I have to stop smoking. Did you know that smoking is a disgusting, filthy and expensive addiction that can kill you? But I do not have to worry, the BC Government is there for me. They will help to quit my horrid habit, there are informational websites and organizations that I can get in touch with.

The catch? For there must be a catch? Nope, none...Though, my guess is that the BC Government is tired of paying for people's medical bills and are trying a different approach to get people to quit. Nevertheless, I am offended that I received this information at all. Considering no one else in my family received this packet, I take that it was sent to(though perhaps not exclusively) to those who had the classification of Persons with Disabilities. HOW DARE they assume I SMOKE! More importantly, assume that ALL Persons with Disabilities smoke or that most do. I found it extremely insulting.

BC Government, why didn't you send out your helpful packet to every British Columbian?

5 Comments:

Blogger more_than_one_home said...

Do you really smoke though? Could not find anything in your blog... But anyways... SMOKING IS BAD!!! haha
I'm a new blogger, maybe u wanna check out my blog and leave a comment? Thank you!

9:00 PM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

mtoh, no I don't smoke and have never given the BC Government any indication that I have in the past or plan to take it up in the future. :)

PS. Will be happy to check out your blog.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is sick man. like selective profiling. have you heard of anyone else getting this mail out?

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is insulting that the government sent you this! How can they justify sending something so specific to someone who doesn't even have this problem! Where DO they get their list from? Is there a return address to send it back with a stern little note of unappreciation?

12:32 AM  
Blogger A girl with many thoughts... said...

squeegeeman,

nope, haven't heard of anyone else I know getting this.

mish,

no return address but a letter to the BC Government is already written!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counter